Our Services > Air Leakage Testing

If your building exceeds a certain size, or is a domestic property, you can't hand it over to the client without a valid air leakage test certificate.

Part L of the Buildings Regulations requires that all buildings that are not dwellings, and that have a gross floor area greater than 500m2, be subject to a mandatory air permeability test. L2 requires that for domestic dwellings a representative sample of houses (in a development) be tested.

We test domestic and commercial buildings for air leakage, air tightness and air permeability to comply with L1 & L2 regulations. 

If you're looking for a professional and efficient air leakage testing service then get in contact with us.

Visit our useful downloads page for more information

What is SAP?

SAP is the government's approved methodology for calculating the energy performance of buildings. It is used to demonstrate compliance with Building Regulations Part L requirements and to produce Energy Performance Certificates for new buildings.

The score is based on factors such as insulation, air tightness, heating systems, ventilation and lighting. Renewable technologies such as solar power are also taken into account.

How can I submit my drawings?

You can submit your drawings by email to raymond@brsuk.co.uk. We'll shortly be implementing an online submission service where you'll be able to login on our website and upload drawings directly...watch this space!

To contact us about Air Leakage Testing: