Our Services > Energy PErformance Certificates (EPC)

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) were introduced to Scotland following EU legislation and provide information about the energy efficiency of a building to potential buyers and leasers.

Housing developers must provide an Energy Performance Certificate for any property they build. The EPC gives information on a building's energy efficiency in a sliding scale from 'A' (very efficient) to 'G' (least efficient).

For developers selling houses off-plan (not yet built), a Predicted Energy Assessment (PEA) is usually required. If the new home is being marketed for sale, the EPC or PEA must be provided to prospective buyers.

For domestic properties EPCs are needed when any building is sold, rented out, constructed or refurbished.

If you're looking for a professional and efficient EPC service then get in contact with us.

Visit our useful downloads page for more information

What is SAP?

SAP is the government's approved methodology for calculating the energy performance of buildings. It is used to demonstrate compliance with Building Regulations Part L requirements and to produce Energy Performance Certificates for new buildings.

The score is based on factors such as insulation, air tightness, heating systems, ventilation and lighting. Renewable technologies such as solar power are also taken into account.

How can I submit my drawings?

You can submit your drawings by email to raymond@brsuk.co.uk. We'll shortly be implementing an online submission service where you'll be able to login on our website and upload drawings directly...watch this space!

To contact us about Energy Performance Certificates: